How To Grow A Thicker Beard Faster
Alpha Beards we listen and always ask what beard struggles you're going through.
One of the biggest problems/struggles we came across is beard thickness. Specifically how to grow a beard faster, how can it be done or can it even be done?
Firstly it is possible to grow a thicker beard however it all depends on things like your genetics, age and your health.
Some men are genetically engineered to grow thicker hair than others. You might remember that one kid from school who had a beard at the age of 16.
But not to worry for most men, beards wont fully develop until you reach your late twenties/early thirties. So don't worry if your beard isn't thick or still has some patches as you would like it to be at the age of 18. It will develop and grow as you age.
Secondly as for the health part, exercising eating correctly improves the quality of your beard growth.
As they say you cant out train a bad diet.
Same thing applies here your body wont receive the right nutrients it needs.
Preparation to your beard goals
To help improve and aid the growth of your beard I need you to do something important first!
Do not touch your beard for the first four weeks.
Patience is the key, it roughly takes about a month for a beard to start to take shape and to begin filling in. So you must be patient. You will probably experience some itching around the two to three week mark, it might get to a point where its unbearable, however stay strong it will stop eventually.
Growing a thicker beard faster
One you have passed the initiation stage, your probably thinking 'initiation stage'? Beards are not an overnight mirical they take time and patience. If you were able to conquer the four weeks without touching your beard you are capable of achieving your goals.
1) Go to bed early
Sleeping is a huge key to growth and repair. If you can't go to bed early, then sleep in late if you're able to. The level of growth hormone in the blood increases when you sleep. This all helps speed up cell reproduction and hair growth.
Aim to get at least a full seven hours or even eight hours sleep whenever possible. This also helps to decrease stress levels and prevent hair loss. So your not only benefiting you're beard but your own health.
Exercise links to our first point 'sleep'. The more sleep you get, the more energy you have.We all have those days, where we have the best 10 hour sleep but we still wake up feeling lazy. However regular exercise increases testosterone, which promotes hair growth. It also boosts blood circulation which allows nutrients to flow around the body giving the hair the nutrients it needs to grow.
3) Eat right
Combine the previous two points with this one. Eating healthy with a diet loaded with fruits, veg, healthy fats and proteins. Fruits and vegetables are the best ways to give your body the vitamins and minerals it needs. While protein keeps the beard looking healthy.
I have listed below good sources of food,which you should keep an eye out for or give them a try:
- Sweet Potatoes - High in Beta-carotene this will help with the cell growth in your beard. What happens is that the Beta-carotene is converted into Vitamin A and this will lead to more cell growth within the hairs located on the beard.
- Oysters - One of the best sources of zinc. Zinc is a key mineral which helps the cells which are designed for building hairs. Also, oysters a great source of protein.
- Eggs - Rich in protein and are a natural source of Biotin which is known to strengthen hair and is known to help with beard growth. Eggs also have many minerals in them such as iron, calcium, and zinc.
- Spinach - Rich in Calcium, iron, magnesium, protein, and potassium, these are all major factors in aiding healthy beard growth. It works great in smoothies or a post workout milkshake if you could fit it in. Omelettes with spinach is another great way to get two foods of this list. if you want to try and mix it with other foods so you won’t taste it.
- Liver - High in both iron and biotin.
- Cinnamon - Helps flow of oxygen to hair follicles. You don’t need to consume too much of it and you can add it to food to give it a little bit of flavor.
- Nuts — Walnuts, Cashews, Almonds, Pistachios, Walnuts, Pecans and Hazelnuts
- Protein — White-meat Poultry, Eggs, Beans, Seafood, Soy and Yogurt
4) Look after your skin and beard
You must wash your face and beard regularly but not too often as this could damage and strip it of its natural oils.
However we recommend you pick up a good beard oil that include jojoba oils. (jojoba oils are great for beard growth). Alpha Beards Premium Beard Oil contains jojoba and a blend of other oils to help your beard.
5. Drink plenty of water
Get at least eight 8-ounce glasses of water a day.
It is equal to 2 litres of water.
This will help to flush out the harmful toxins.
Hydrated skin is healthy skin which means a more lusciously thicker beard.
6. Quit smoking
Smoking is a no no.
Smoking impairs blood circulation and decreases blood flow around your body. Which means less blood flow to the roots of your hair. Less nutrients and oxygen flowing around your body.
Cigarettes contain almost 5,000 chemicals which results in stress to hair and pigmentation.
We recommend you stop smoking, not only will it improve your health and beard health. Imagine the amount of money you would save.
These are the six tips we believe that will help you not only improve your beard growth but your own health also. I know its a lot to ask for but give it a try.
If you found this guide useful don't forget to share and let us know!